Phone: 973.956.0033 Fax:    973.956.0235    

 
Welcome!
Board of Directors
History of Clubs
History of Movement

The Wayne Boys Club was conceived in 1970 by a group of ten residents looking for better opportunities for youth in Wayne and surrounding townships. The group, led by Joseph DiDonato, was interested in programs and activities suitable for character, athletic, educational and social skill development.

Boys & Girls Club of WayneThe group offered programs in various locations until the current clubhouse was erected in 1976. The Club was officially chartered with the Boys & Girls Clubs of America in 1981, and nine years later changed their name to Boys & Girls Club of Wayne.

With the increase in membership, programs and special events, the clubhouse location was enlarged in 1998, creating a 36,000 square foot facility to include 2 full sized gymnasiums, 7 offices, 5 storage rooms, game room, 20 station technology center, kindergarten classroom and an all-purpose room used for Bingo and Club functions.

The Club continues to break new ground, while remaining committed to offering quality programs and activities based on concern for deserving youth. Plans are now being formed for a free standing Teen Center for 13 to 18 year old members, and the creation of a 6,200 square foot Early Education Center for 3 to 5 year old members. 


 

In 1993 a group of concerned citizens in Pequannock united and made a proactive effort to better the future for youth in Northern New Jersey. With the help of local churches, schools, recreation departments and civic groups, they began providing programs that were rich in social, cultural, educational and recreational content.Boys & Girls Club of Pequannock

Spurred by the vision of Founding President Mark Kosmack, the Boys & Girls Club of Morris County became a chartered member of Boys & Girls Clubs of America in January of 1998. Since the "grand opening" in May of 1998, the Boys & Girls Club of Morris County has attracted over 1,400 youth ages 6 - 18 as participants in an array of programs and activities.

In an effort to provide a state-of-the-art facility for its members, the Club embarked on a 3 phase major expansion plan in 1995 with the purchase of the Pequannock School.  The Pequannock School's "old building" was erected in the late 1800's, with an addition completed in 1923.  The "new building" was added in 1954 and the entire structure housed the Pequannock School through 1992, after which the facility remained vacant.

The Club embarked on Phase 1 of the facility development by refurbishing the "new building" to be used as the Boys & Girls Club facility, housing programs and activities for its members.  Phase 2, the Randall Athletic Complex, was completed in 2004, and includes a junior-sized football field, regulation roller hockey rink, which converts to 2 basketball courts, and a utility sports field.

Plans are in the works for Phase 3, which includes demolition of the "old building" space and erecting a structure to include much needed gym space and classroom facilities.

 




Home : About Us : Programs : Special Events : Locations : Contact Us
 
Copyright © 2017 Boys & Girls Clubs of Northwest NJ. All Rights Reserved.